Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Free With a Nickel's Worth of Disappointment

I did a quick "my coupons are expiring" run and scored five free pouches of Nesquik at Kroger. The disappointing part? I expected to make a penny off each. The pouches were 99 cents, and I had five 50 cent coupons that I expected to double to a dollar, but they only doubled to 99 cents. Still free is almost as good as moneymakers, especially at Kroger since they still netted me five points toward my gas discount and my free i-wireless minutes.

The total haul from Kroger, Publix, and Wendy's had a retail worth of $38.17 and I spent $11.87. Completing the survey on the back of the Wendy's receipt earned me a $2 discount on a future sandwich for a net cost of $9.87, a 74% savings. Not bad for a quick haul built mostly around a deadline rather than a sale.

I could have spent less if I had foregone the three cans of cat food that weren't on sale and I didn't have coupons for that Guiness promptly snubbed, but that's a different issue ....

No comments:

Post a Comment