Monday, April 22, 2013

Tabitha & Neelix/Guiness & Norma

I am a sucker for blogs with cute cats, and two I follow closely are Tabitha and Neelix at Travels with Miranda. They say that everyone has a twin somewhere in the world. If that's true, then Tabitha and Neelix are the twins of Guiness and Norma.





These are my cats.















These are not my cats.







I lost Norma to cancer in 2008, and seeing pictures of Neelix with Tabitha brings back many fond memories, so I was saddened yesterday to read that Tabitha died on Saturday. It's even more poignant because she looks so much like Guiness.


Tabitha


I have been considering sending a photo of Guiness and Norma to Rae Crothers, Tabitha and Neelix's mom, for awhile, but I knew yesterday when I learned about Tabitha that the time had come. I emailed her a few shots similar to ones she had just posted with condolences from Guiness and me and told her I would like to do a post on the cats. She emailed me right back with permission and some of her favorite pictures. The similarity to some of the ones of Guiness and Norma I was just looking at was almost eery.


Read about Tabitha in Rae's Squidoo lens "The Black Cat No One Wanted".


Tabitha in a drawer



Guiness in a chair













Guiness in a bag









Tabitha sleeping on the laptop case


Guiness crashing on the suitcase



Neelix


Norma covering her eyes wth her paws



Black cats in white boxes (sounds like a line from "My Favorite Things".)
Tabitha




Guiness











Tabitha & Neelix


Guiness & Norma







I think Norma had recurring dreams of being a hula dancer. All she needs is a lei.














Norma the hula dancer














Guiness is not impressed

Neelix & Tabitha

Guiness & Norma
Norma: "What? You're interrupting."




Neelix: "What she said."

Neelix & Tabitha
I love the twin expressions!

Norma & Guiness

Tabitha & Neelix

Norma & Guiness

Matched set: cat & rug

Tabitha

Guiness tends to turn into a green-eyed
big black blob in photos


Neelix

Norma

Norma Rose



Tabitha

Neelix


In memory of Tabitha
April 20, 2013


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this post. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guinness and Tabitha look like my Blacky and Blackette, who both passesd away several years ago. The gray tabby resembles one I have now. I enjoyed your photos!

    ReplyDelete