Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Wild & Crazy Turkeys

I just saw the weirdest thing on my way home from church. Several cars had stopped in the middle of the road just past my driveway, so I stopped after I pulled in to see why and there were these two huge, crazy turkeys just running around in the middle of the road, not letting anyone past in either direction. It was so strange. Any turkeys I've ever gottten close to have taken off running. I don't know if these were disoriented by the traffic or they just didn't care, but when they finally decided to get out of the road, they just started nonchalantly strolling across my field like they didn't have a care in the world.

They were too far away to get a picture of them, so I didn't get out my phone. I quickly regretted it because when I got down the driveway there was another huge turkey. When I drove up on him, he flew over the driveway and went running across my yard to disappear into the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment