Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Change in Kroger Coupon Status

I found out today (at Publix) that some coupons issued with the Kroger logo on them are now manufacturer coupons rather than store coupons.

The ones I used were the Catalina coupons printed at Kroger stores (the ones from the little machine) and the white ones from the little magazine-type mailing (the ones that are just annoyingly enough too wide to fit into a trading card pocket, but that's an issue for another post). Both were marked Manufacturer at the top.

I'm so used to just plopping down my Kroger and Target coupons along with my manufacturer coupons at Publix, I didn't even notice the label until the clerk pointed it out.

This is good news or bad news (or both), depending on what you do with your Kroger coupons.

As manufacturer coupons, you should be able to use them at any store now, not just Kroger or another store that accepts competitor coupons.

But, if you're like me and you like stacking manufacturer and competitor coupons at Publix for the really good deals, this is going to be a bummer. So much for my plan to make 67 cents on a bottle of salad dressing today.

Now that Kroger is issuing manufacturer coupons, are they going to start doubling them, or treating them like their digital coupons and not double them?

I checked my binder for other Kroger coupons and found that both the white and the red mailed coupons were marked either Manufacturer for name brands or Store Coupon for Kroger brands. I didn't see any newspaper coupons with the Kroger logo, but I'll pay attention the next time I clip one. I noticed on some Catalinas from both Kroger and Walgreens that they say Manufacturer.

In my opinion, this is another blow to couponers, although I certainly can't complain about all the coupons Kroger and Target have generously supplied me in the past to use at Publix. What do you think? Leave me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment