Thursday, August 1, 2013

Putting Toothpaste to the Test

You can never have too much free toothpaste. It's such a great donation item. It's a perfect size to tuck into a Samaritan's Purse shoebox at Christmas, and it's always needed at food pantries and homeless shelters.

I don't pay for plain old toothpaste, the kind that usually goes on sale for about the value of a coupon. For the good stuff, I might go 25 cents. Maybe 50 under extenuating circumstances. But usually, if I'm diligent, a drug store deal is going to come along that will bring a ridiculously expensive tube down to a net cost of little or nothing after coupons. As someone who has to use a formula for sensitive teeth, I'm always on the lookout for cheap or free premium varieties. But even though I don't use regular toothpaste on my teeth, I don't walk away from it when it's free.

Okay, I admit it. I am addicted to free toothpaste.

So other than donating it, what can I do with it?

The results are in my new Yahoo! Voices article.

No comments:

Post a Comment