Monday, July 28, 2014

2010: My One and Only White Christmas


White Christmas in Georgia December 25, 2010

Living in Georgia, I only rarely see snow. When it happens, it's magical. When it happens on Christmas, it's a once-in-a-lifetime event.

At a church cookout last fall, several of the men opened up a persimmon seed (yes, it took several) to reveal a spoon-shaped image inside. Supposedly, this predicts lots of heavy, wet snow. I didn't have a picture of the seed at the time I wrote the post "And the Persimmon Says … Snow!", so I used photos from the last significant snow storm I had.

If you want to see the picture a friend of mine took of the persimmon seed with the spoon image, you can find it here: "The Spoon in the Persimmon Seed".

Here are some other pictures from the Christmas snow of 2010, my only white Christmas.






I have to admit that I was like, well, a kid at Christmas. Guiness, however, was not impressed.














Guiness never made it farther from the door than halfway up the walk.







Hungry reindeer.









 
 
















 



No comments:

Post a Comment